In This Issue
July 17, 2006, Vol. xii, #29
- RONA breaks ground on latest big box
- Home Depot ramps up urban concept
- Builder group predicts 'soft landing' for U.S. industry
- Home Depot adds manufacturing company
- British association confirms support for London Show
Also in this issue: People on the move | Classifieds
"About the time we can make ends meet, somebody moves the ends." – Herbert Hoover (31st president of the United States, 1874-1964)
www.diyandgardenshow.com or www.totallytools.co.uk.
Hardlines MarketplaceDon't miss the products and services on the Hardlines web Marketplace ( https://hardlines.ca/html/marketplace.html ) And check out Hardlines Classifieds on the web ( https://hardlines.ca/html/classifieds.html )
General Sales & Marketing Manager/Ontario and Branch Manager/York RegionOur client is a truly Canadian success story and has been in the home improvement industry for over 4 decades, providing one-stop renovation solutions to the General Contractor and Independent Operator as well as products through distribution channels and their retail outlets. They are a leading innovator in the manufacture of exterior building products with an impressive track record and an existing customer base, based in Southern Ontario, just north east of the GTA. As a result of their exception growth a newly created opportunity currently exists for a dynamic General Sales & Marketing Manager. The ideal candidate will have successfully managed a regional sales group, leading by example and possess a solid knowledge of the building materials industry along with a proven record of business development successes and have a sound grasp of current market trends. A willingness to travel as necessary is a must. An energetic Branch Manager is also required to take on the challenges of developing a regional business and achieving branch sales objectives. You'll be responsible for sales, distribution and people...leading by example to obtain proven results. The ideal candidate will have a solid knowledge of the Installer, Remodeler and independent operator. Building products background and demonstrated sales and supervisory successes within the industry is ideal. Strong Customer presentation skills and computer literacy are essential and you thrive managing in a team environment If teamwork, enthusiasm and sales are a high priority in your world, combined with a proven track record of related successes and if you are qualified with matching skill-sets, our client offers a terrific culture, exceptional growth opportunities, combined with a competitive salary, bonus, *car allowance [*General Sales & Marketing Manager role] and company benefits To explore either of these dynamic opportunities in complete confidence, please email your resume directly quoting Sales Manager/Ontario or Branch Manager/York Region. You can also apply on line at www.wolfgugler.com Lesley Fulton – Direct Line: 905-888-8282 Senior Associate, Wolf Gugler & Associates Limited Lesley@wolfgugler.com firstname.lastname@example.org Wolf Gugler – 888-848-3006 (US & Canadian Offices) President, Wolf Gugler & Associates Limited Wolf@wolfgugler.com email@example.com
Renown Specialties Company Ltd, a leading Canadian Manufacturer and Distributor of Construction Hardware located in Vaughan, ON has an immediate opening for an
EASTERN CANADIAN SALES MANAGERYou will be responsible for all provinces in Canada east of and including the Province of Ontario. You will be making consistent contact with building officials, architects, engineers, other building design professionals and contractors and framers to assure our products are accepted and specified in the territory. You will regularly obtain and develop knowledge of your territory, including: market pricing, code and product issues, distributors, dealers, component manufacturers, commercial accounts and others as required. The qualified candidate will have;
- University degree in engineering or related technical area. Consideration will be given to candidates with a degree in business, construction management, marketing or equivalent.
- Five years sales experience in the Building or Construction Industry.
- Able to work outside the office and travel at least 80% of the time.
- Working knowledge of blueprints and building materials and a general knowledge of the construction industry.
- Good discipline, self-directed, aggressive, excellent sales skills.
- Must have strong problem solving skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, have the ability to work in a team environment, computer literate and possess a valid driver's license.
- Bilingual (English/French) would be an asset but not required.
LINES WANTED• We connect you with KEY Canadian Hardware Retailers • We work for you and offer partnership – one that allows you to use our sales experience and industry insight as a strategic business tool. We have the connections to help get your product front & center on the retailers shelf. • Check us out – Al Vanderveen & associates have been building sales for leading Canadian & US manufacturers since 1986. Find out what our award winning service can do for you. contact: Al 519.439.6800 firstname.lastname@example.org (06.03_06.17)
North America's "Premier Manufacturer"
of Propane Cylinders
NOW available in Canada
(5 lb. through 420 lb. propane cylinders available)
. Recognized Market Leader . . Unsurpassed Quality . . Reliable Delivery . . Outstanding Customer Service .
Contact us today for more Information www.Mantank.com
- Sell your company - or buy one - with Hardlines Classifieds!
- Do your executive search, find new lines or get new reps in the Hardlines Marketplace.
- Only $2.75 per word for three weeks in the classifieds.
- To place your ad, call isabel bisong at 416-489-3396 or email: email@example.com