In This Issue
July 30 2007, Vol. xiii, #31
- LBM, hardware rank high in retail commodity sales for 2006
- RONA's newest store boasts new-look store brand
- IKEA launches plan to reduce bag use
- Hbc head office achieves green designation
- American Standard sells bath/kitchen division
- B.C. coastal foresty workers strike
Also in this issue: People on the move | Classifieds
"It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious."— Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900)
here for more info on this important study! — Editor). According to the Stats Can study, new housing was the biggest factor driving the growth in retail sales. However, investment in renovation spending increased by 8.7%, to $32.0 billion last year, representing 40.1% of total residential construction investment in 2006.
Hardlines MarketplaceDon't miss the products and services on the Hardlines web Marketplace ( https://hardlines.ca/html/marketplace.html ) And check out Hardlines Classifieds on the web ( https://hardlines.ca/html/classifieds.html )
Associate Account ManagerLocation: Montreal based Territory: Quebec province Description:
- Responsible for developing sales in a specific territory.
- Prospecting new business with existing and new accounts
- Making weekly calls to existing and new customers for the purpose of selling Wood care products (Minwax - Thompsons Water Seal)
- Typical accounts include 2 step distributors, dealers and direct accounts.
- Must be bilingual - Oral/written. Job requirements :
- Five years sales experience in the retail trade, preferably hardware/paint
- Able to travel at least 80% of the time
- Good self discipline, self-directed, aggressive, excellent selling skills
- Must have strong problem solving skills, excellent communication skills.
- Computer knowledge (word, excel, powerpoint)
- Possess a valid driver's license. (company vehicle supplied)Those interested please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Marketing ManagerDue to their growing success, our Client, a premier provider of quality products for construction and industrial applications needs to add a Marketing star to assist in continuing their category leadership. Reporting to the General Manager and working in concert with the National Sales Manager, you'll manage and direct the new product development process for products sold through home centres, construction trades and industrial distribution. This involves true project management including competitive tracking and sales analysis, working with the U.S. Marketing team for product development and becoming the "corporate authority." You'll spend time in the field with the customer and end user to research and identify new product opportunities and then make that happen from a trade marketing perspective. New product launches, qualitative and quantitative research and satisfying the needs of all channel distribution partners qualify you for this excellent career opportunity. Bilingual E/F skills would be advantageous. GTA location. Please contact Wolf Gugler (email@example.com) or Lesley Fulton (Lesley@wolfgugler.com) in complete confidence, quoting Marketing Manager-Construction. Wolf Gugler & Associates Limited .Web site: www.wolfgugler.com. (888) 848-3006.
- Sell your company - or buy one - with Hardlines Classifieds!
- Do your executive search, find new lines or get new reps in the Hardlines Marketplace.
- Only $2.75 per word for three weeks in the classifieds.
- To place your ad, call Brady Peever at 416-489-3396 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org