FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can an ORA submission be submitted online?
Yes, and we prefer that you do! Just follow this link to the submission – CLICK HERE
How long does it take to fill out an ORA submission?
An ORA submission will only take a couple hours and is easy to submit. Once you enter the application form, it contains 20 questions. Just fill out the questions right in the form and then press submit.
If I’m submitting online, how do I submit the photos of my store?
There is a section for upload right in the online form so have you photos ready on your computer when you are filling out the online submission form.
What is the deadline for ORA submissions?
The ORA submissions are due July 27th, 2018. This means that if you are mailing your submission in, the package must arrive in our offices by July 27th. If you are submitting online, the form must be fully completed with high res photos submitted by end of day July 27th.
What tips can offer for making my submission stand out?
- Every dealer has his or her own story to tell. We want your submission to really tell a story about your passion and successes at your store.
- Photos help, but try and supply quality versus quantity. We want to see your store and its merchandising at its very best.
- One more thing: the judges need clear sales information to make their decision. Don’t worry—that information remains strictly confidential!
When will I find out whether I won?
The ORA submissions will be judged by our panel of industry experts in late August and you will be contacted about their decisions by the beginning of September.
What do I receive if I win?
- A trip to Niagara-on-the-Lake for two, including one night’s accommodation at the Queen’s Landing, Niagara-on-the-Lake;
- Admission to the Hardlines Conference;
- An inscribed plaque;
- A marketing package that includes a write‐up in Hardlines Home Improvement Quarterly Magazine;
- A customized video and photo ready to be sent to local media.
Where does the ORA award ceremony happen?
The awards are located with the Hardlines Annual Conference and will be presented at a special ORA Gala Dinner, held November 13th, at the Queen’s Landing, Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON.
Have another question that isn’t answered here? Click here to email us!