WE ARE ACCEPTING 2017 APPLICATIONS!
HOW TO SUBMIT AN ENTRY
(Pour la version française, cliquez ici)
Who can enter:
All Canadian home improvement retailers/dealers that have operated under the current ownership for at least two years are eligible.
Who can submit entries:
(a) Dealers may submit their entries directly.
(b) Chain/buying group head offices may choose to select their best dealer(s) and prepare their entries for them, in collaboration with the dealer. Head offices may enter more than one store per category.
(c) Vendors may identify specific outstanding retailers for entry.
How to enter:
A basic entry consists of either filling out the online form found here, or an entry can be submitted by mailing a three-ring binder containing text and photographs describing your business successes (scroll down for link to PDF version of the entry form). It is mandatory to answer fully answer all 20 questions for your application to be judged. Video and audio materials are optional.
Categories to enter:
1. Best Hardware Store (any size)
2. Best Building Supply/Home Centre (under 15,000 square feet)
3. Best Building Supply/Home Centre (over 15,000 square feet)
4. Young Retailer Award (a store manager 35 or under; entrants may be owners or chain employees)
5. Marc Robichaud Community Leader This award is open to all stores. Its purpose is to celebrate the outstanding contributions/events, charitable donations, etc., made by a store’s staff/managers/owners to the community they serve.
6. Best Large Surface Retailer (over 65,000 square feet)
7. Best Contractor Specialist Store
OPTION #1: SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY ONLINE
1. Click here to submit your entry online.
2. Complete all four parts of the online submission form. As the entry can take up to two hours to complete, you can take a break between each section and then fill out the next section later by clicking any of these options: Part 1 – Part 2 – Part 3 – Part 4. Just be sure to include your store name at the top of each form!
4. Submit five exterior shots, and a minimum of 20 interior ones. You can choose to upload photos of your store online in part four of the online form or you may mail a USB, CD, or printed photos to: Hardlines Inc., 528 Queen St. E., Toronto, Ontario, M5A 1V2. Please label all photos. Exterior shots should include signage and a view from the street or parking lot. (Building centres should include lumberyard pics.) Interior shots should include owner/manager and staff, view from the front entrance, power and other aisles, end caps, in-store promotions and contractor service desk, if there is one.
OPTION #2: SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY BY MAIL
1. Complete the submission documents below and prepare your submission in a binder which includes:
- Print out this 2017 ORA PDF Entry Form or ORA Word Document Entry Form.
- Answer the 20 questions answered individually (Page 5 of this document).
- Submit your photographs: Included in the binder, include five exterior shots, and a minimum of 20 interior ones (there is no maximum) on a USB CD or printed photos. Photography need not be professional-quality but properly developed picture are better than printouts on laser paper. Please label all photos. Exterior shots should include signage and a view from the street or parking lot. (Building centres should include lumberyard pics.) Interior shots should include owner/manager and staff, view from the front entrance, power and other aisles, end caps, in-store promotions and contractor service desk, if there is one.
2. Mail all of the above documents to: Hardlines Inc., 528 Queen St. E., Toronto, Ontario, M5A 1V2.
NOTES ON ALL SUBMISSIONS
1. Deadline for entries is July 28, 2017 by 5:00 pm EST.
2. Judging of the entries will be completed by a panel of industry professionals shortly after this deadline.
3. Winners and their banners/buying groups will be notified shortly after the judging.
4. Award recipients will be honoured at the 2017 Outstanding Retailer Awards Gala Dinner. November 14, 2017 at the Sheraton on the Falls, 5875 Falls Ave, Niagara Falls, Ontario.
5. Tickets and tables for the event can be purchased at www.oras.ca or by calling 416-489-3396.
If you have any questions regarding the general requirements,
please contact Michael McLarney, Editor, at 416-489-3396, ext. 1, or firstname.lastname@example.org.