Vancouver dealers face rush for CO detectors

VANCOUVER — Hardware stores are rushing to keep shelves stocked with carbon monoxide detectors after a string of poisonings in the region. Thirteen workers at a Vancouver office building were hospitalized last week, a day before a family of five was airlifted to the city for treatment. Home Hardware dealer-owner Ed Wilkerson told CBC News the resulting demand kept his staff busy. “It was kind of a crunch situation,” he said. “We probably had 30 or 40 in stock and they went out of there within three or four hours.” Other retailers including Home Depot reported a similar crunch.