In-Depth Data on the Retail Home Improvement Industry in Canada
Your only source available for a full analysis of the size and growth of the industry!
The Annual Retail Report includes everything we know about the industry, newly expanded with more analysis and data than ever before! Featuring industry sales data as of year-end 2022 and up-to-date analysis of marketplace trends.
This is without a doubt our most popular “must-have” Report. This report contains proprietary information about the industry that’s not available anywhere else. We make it easy for you to plan – and to present your plans – for the year ahead. No Sales Director or Marketing Manager should be without this indispensable industry intelligence tool.
Please note: This is a study of the retail players, including sales, growth vectors, and strategic plans. Hardlines does not break out sales by product or category. We do not have access to brand-level or SKU-level breakouts. Believe us, we’ve been trying for years!
Are you trying to figure out how big the market is? Who the top players are? Or how other retail groups measure up?
Our Annual Retail Report has EVERYTHING you need to know about the retail home improvement industry in Canada:
- The size of the industry year-over-year
- In-depth analysis of the top players, Home Depot Canada, Lowe’s Canada, Home Hardware & Canadian Tire Retail
- The winning formats–how the independents are faring against the big boxes
- The hot provinces and how market shares have changed by region year over year
- The newest trends and challenges facing retailers today
- Forecasts for the industry in 2023 and 2024
- PLUS: new research on the penetration of online sales in the industry
This research is proprietary to Hardlines. It is not available anywhere else!
- The size of the Home Improvement Industry
- Market share by store formats and province
- The sales of Top 20 home improvement retailers
- The Top Four: A closer look at the metrics and strategies of the industry’s biggest retailers — Home Depot, Lowe’s, Home Hardware and Canadian Tire Retail
- Big Boxes: ranking of players, market share, annualized growth
- Buying groups: ranking, sales and market shares, strategies for dealer growth
- Recap of conditions affecting the industry
- Analysis of trends and business conditions in this industry
- Forecasts for the industry and the top players in 2023 and beyond
We’ve done the work for you:
In handy PowerPoint format, the Retail Report is now larger and more comprehensive than ever. With 140 PPT slides — including 40 charts and graphs, plus dozens of photographs — it lets you build your own presentation!
Here are just some of the sections in this Report:
- The industry as we see it
- Growth outlook for dealers
- Market share by store format
- Market share by province
- How many stores are in Canada and where they’re located
- Top 20 retailers ranked by sales
- Lowe’s Canada’s multi-banner strategy
- Home Hardware’s executive re-org an initiatives for growth
- Market shares of the Top Four retailers
- Who are the big boxes
- Online sales strategies for the top players
- Buying group affiliations
- Forecasts for industry growth
- Outlooks for the top players
- Forecasts of industry trends
- An addendum with industry definitions
Act now to get your copy of the Retail Home Improvement Report! It will save you hundreds of hours of research time.
The 2023 Retail Report will be available July 25, 2023!
2023 Edition (data to year-end 2022): $1,970 (+HST)
Hardlines weekly Newsletter Subscribers pay only: $1,550 (+HST)
SAVE MORE WITH A BUNDLE
2023 Retail Report and Market Share Report Bundle: $2,745 (+HST)
Hardlines weekly Newsletter Subscribers pay only: $1,895 (+HST)
Not sure which Hardlines Report you are looking for? Click here to view a handy comparison chart!